TIPS to Protect your Home from FREEZING TEMPSPosted by Leslie Hogan on
Prepare your home for subzero temps and strong winds this weekend!
Forecast is for single digit temps and a wind chill of -30!
Every year frozen pipes cause extensive water damage in RI - often in homes that are vacant for the winter. The good news is this damage is preventable. Here are some things to do prevent your pipes from freezing:
- SET HEAT TO AT LEAST 55 DEGREES
- IF YOU'RE NOT THERE, HAVE SOMEONE CHECK FOR HEAT AND COLD SPOTS EVERY DAY
- OPEN CABINET DOORS UNDER SINKS TO HELP WARM AIR CIRCULATE
- MAKE SURE THE WATER TO OUTDOOR FAUCETS IS SHUT OFF
- KNOW WHERE YOUR WATER MAIN IS IN CASE YOU NEED TO SHUT IT OFF
- USE ALL YOUR PLUMBING FIXTURES AT LEAST ONCE DURING THE DAY
2529 Views, 0 Comments